Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 123
Finished! Done! In Print!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finished! Done! In Print!

Finished! Done! In Print!

The final book in the Glass Thorns series, Playing to the Gods, is being advertised on the inside back cover of the August issue of LOCUS.
    I haven't received my author's copies yet, but any day now, I should think.
    What this means is that the series is complete, and those who wait until all the books are out before reading even the first one can dive in, assured that the tale is finished.
    Let me know what you think.

That must be tremendously satisfying!

Cool

I am sure you are happy to see it out now. Congratulations
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but they may be more fun.

God don't let you hang from his steel, why should I let you hang on mine (riggers quote - P Garland)

D'oh! I'm the monkey-wrench! *Lady M*

Order placed! Amazon says it will be delivered on Aug 29!
    Grand Master Cai
    "He wanted everyone to get along and all be happy happy, so he could go goof off. Pol was not grown up enough to understand that much. I really think he just didn't get it. I think his advisaries ticked him off more because they ruined his happy bubble world."
    Davvi-Humble Prince of Fate

I'll miss my guys--they were so much fun to write!

But the next ones will be, too, right? How long does it take a memorable character to get out of your head anyway?

I think I said somewhere before that it's like ending a relationship. Every so often, after you're with the new guy, the old guy's socks turn up in a drawer.

Woohoo!!! Ordering!!! So excited!!
    You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.

I ordered mine more than a year ago - before Amazon.co.uk altered the release date. But it's nearly here now, thank goodness. However, in the UK at the moment they are only advertising the hardback version. Do you know if it will eventually come out in the same trade paperback (with lovely covers) and kindle versions?

The Kindle is available in the US for pre-order, so I would think it will be in the UK as well. I thought about getting it since I do most of my reading on the Kindle now, but I wanted the hardback to match my others
    Grand Master Cai
    "He wanted everyone to get along and all be happy happy, so he could go goof off. Pol was not grown up enough to understand that much. I really think he just didn't get it. I think his advisaries ticked him off more because they ruined his happy bubble world."

Quote Originally Posted by Cailet View Post
    The Kindle is available in the US for pre-order, so I would think it will be in the UK as well. I thought about getting it since I do most of my reading on the Kindle now, but I wanted the hardback to match my others
    Yes, that's exactly why I will buy both the kindle version and the paperback if it comes out, just to complete my set. I don't have the rest of the series in hardback. I love having the kindle versions available so that I can read them anywhere.

Oh fantastic! I will wait until the UK cover is available to match my set (no offence but the US covers are terrible, lol) but I am super-chuffed it is finished. I only read the first book so far and was waiting for the rest to be all out so I could go on a binge

Quote Originally Posted by Aldiara View Post
    Oh fantastic! I will wait until the UK cover is available to match my set (no offence but the US covers are terrible, lol) but I am super-chuffed it is finished. I only read the first book so far and was waiting for the rest to be all out so I could go on a binge
    I'm so disappointed! I was counting the days to the 29th August, but I have just received an e-mail from Amazon.co.uk to say the date has been postpoined to 20th September!! And still no sign of a kindle version. I've tried Amazon.com, but cannot find any reference to the kindle version there either. Have enormously enjoyed the preview pages that are available on that site, which make me more eager than ever to read the whole book.

Kindle Edition on Amazon

I don't think it will let you buy it there if your account is with amazon.co.uk but that is the link to the Kindle version on amazon.com It's $14.99 right now for the Pre-Order. Hopefully it shows up for you soon!
    Grand Master Cai

Mine just downloaded onto my book. Time to get reading!