Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 123
Know what all this feels like? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Know what all this feels like?

Pressuring the FBI to drop an investigation---check.

How shocking is it that Rosenstein (i think that's his name) actually appointed a credible investigator? Imagine that, someone from the Truml administration doing something right.

Appointment of special counsel---check.

Don't tell anybody, but I think the service staff at the White House is on our side. Have you seen reports of what they serve this guy for dinner? Extra sauce...two scoops of ice cream...chocolate cream pie (and who the hell eats ice cream with chocolate cream pie, anyway???)....

White House staff lawyering up--check.

Notes for survival:
    1. Record the late-night talk show of your choice (or all of them!) so you can view the monologue while breakfasting. It helps a lot to start the day with a giggle.
    2. Learn (or, in my case, re-learn--I became an expert at this during the Bushie years, but got out of training during the Obama administration) the art of the MUTE button to silence the jackass of your choice. A snarled, "Shut the f**k up!" is also therapeutic, but begs for a flourish of the remote as you hit the button.
    3. Have faith--I know it's difficult--in the system. It took a long time to work in Nixon's case, but it did work.

The summer of the Watergate hearings--maybe I've talked about this before, but, hey, I'm old, I'm confused, and it's 103 degrees in Prescott Valley today--I took a summer school class from a professor with a lot of friends and a track record in DC. He was absolutely, utterly, totally, monumentally pissed off that he hadn't made Nixon's enemies list.

My sister has noticed that when I'm extremely annoyed by the news, my needle goes faster and much more emphatically in and out of the needlepoint canvas. She says this is preferable to having to get a new TV every other day from having me throw something irrevocable at it...
    Result of all this infuriated stitching: My family and friends are getting a shipload of pillows and door-hangers for Christmas. (I'm doing a lot of "Noel" for the latter, and my favorite for the former is "Nasty Woman" in a lovely, genteel, ladylike script, with tiny, delicate little silk flowers added for irony.)

The World According to Drumpf....
    I guess I shouldn't have bothered to spend four years at Scripps getting a degree in European History.

Chris Matthews says the Drumpfs are behaving like the Romanovs.
    Me, I'm torn between the Caesars, the Borgias, and the Corleones.
    Some of the pundits have opined that it's beginning to look like Game of Thrones. Nah. These people ain't that smart. (And George would never demean himself or his characters with these plotlines.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Creator View Post
    Chris Matthews says the Drumpfs are behaving like the Romanovs.
    Me, I'm torn between the Caesars, the Borgias, and the Corleones.
    Some of the pundits have opined that it's beginning to look like Game of Thrones. Nah. These people ain't that smart. (And George would never demean himself or his characters with these plotlines.)
    I dunno, I could see Mr. Martin satirizing them with (very) minor characters in the book. Or maybe in one of the songs. Sometimes its fun to grab the low-hanging fruit and splatter it on the walkway.
    ----------
    “You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.”~ Jack London

Grand Jury---check.

Documents from the White House---check.