Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 123
Upgrading from Paperback to Hardcover....maybe?

Thread: Upgrading from Paperback to Hardcover....maybe?

Upgrading from Paperback to Hardcover....maybe?

I'm in the process of going through my bookshelf to see how many paperbacks I can find copies of (for less than hundreds of dollars) in hardcover to 'upgrade' my collection as much as I can. Upon getting to the Dragon Prince section and looking up those titles, those prices are like a punch to the sternum. A reprinting in hardcover, or a hardcover omnibus would be amazing...unfortunately it's probably a pipe dream at this point. I've gotten my poor little paperbacks to last a couple decades so far, and they might have another in them if they are lucky, but I don't see that happening.

Anyone else stuck in this dilemma? Any advice on places (maybe other than amazon) to oggle for hardback copies?
    ----------
    “You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.”~ Jack London

Try EBay? They have all kinds of odd things!
    Foxes are cute and furry and are mischievous, fox spirits can invade the souls of humans, and are equally mischievous.

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you are moving forward! =P

I would sign up for two omnibus volumes, Dragon Prince & Dragon Star, at anything up to $50.00 each.

What ever happened to the concept of having books printed and custom bound (in your family tartan, if you like) on demand?I saw articles on this years ago and it just sort of went away. Google finds only a few companies that will do this for self-published authors. Copyright issues?
    "We're sculpted from youth, the chipping away makes me weary" -- Indigo Girls, "Deconstruction".

Years ago when I was searching for these, I used abebooks.com Managed to find them all, and wasn't TOO terrible.
    You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.

Have you tried bookdepository? It's my favorite, I always order my books there. The shipping is free worldwide. Hope you can find it there. Or just send them an email, they will get it for you.

Luke

Unless you get extremely lucky in a used bookstore (where the owner never bothers to research current value of out-of-print books), your chances for getting the DP books in hardcover for less than a few hundred dollars each are extremely slim, unfortunately. The hardcover print run for DP was pretty small to start with, so they've become super-rare, that's why the handful of people who are still offering (used) copies for sale (on Ebay or Abebooks - you definitely won't find DP hardcovers on Bookdepository!) can charge as much as they do. It's supply and demand - 1) there's only a very small number of hardcovers up for sale, 2) the only people really interested in owning hardcovers of these are hardcore fans and/or collectors, so 3) those really desperate for a hardcover are willing to pay for it exorbitantly, so 4) the few sellers around charge exorbitantly. It sucks, but it's just what it is with rare books. I think there are still more copies of the Dragon Star hardcovers around for more affordable prices but the Dragon Prince ones, not so much. A reprint would be great, but not sure if it'll happen.

Did you check with The Creator? You never know, she might have some of that stuff lying around.

Hey, sorry I've been MIA, it's been a super busy two months. Nope, I have not checked with The Creator, I'd feel a little wierd about that unless she already had something on offer. Lol
    ----------
    “You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.”~ Jack London

I know it probably shouldn't go here, though I cannot make my own threads. And so!!!

The Dragon Star series is finally available for eReaders!!!!!!!!!

I check every couple of months because I have eczema on my fingers, and paper makes reading...painful. I've wanted all of Rawn's book on my Kindle, and I'm so relieved that the DP/DS series is finally uploaded!

Now I just need her Exiles books for sale there, and I'd be a happy camper! :3

I know it probably shouldn't go here, though I cannot make my own threads. And so!!!

The Dragon Star series is finally available for eReaders!!!!!!!!!

I check every couple of months because I have eczema on my fingers, and paper makes reading...painful. I've wanted all of Rawn's book on my Kindle, and I'm so relieved that the DP/DS series is finally uploaded!

Now I just need her Exiles books for sale there, and I'd be a happy camper! :3

woohoo! That is good news!
    Grand Master Cai
    "He wanted everyone to get along and all be happy happy, so he could go goof off. Pol was not grown up enough to understand that much. I really think he just didn't get it. I think his advisaries ticked him off more because they ruined his happy bubble world."
    Davvi-Humble Prince of Fate

Thanks for letting us know.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but they may be more fun.

God don't let you hang from his steel, why should I let you hang on mine (riggers quote - P Garland)

D'oh! I'm the monkey-wrench! *Lady M*