Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 123
"Aversion Therapy"

Thread: "Aversion Therapy"

"Aversion Therapy"

The state senators in Washington just voted down a bill that would, as I understand it, prohibit the sort of "therapy" that (for reasons that escape me) some people believe will "turn" gay kids straight. I did a lot of research on this for Fire Raiser, reading copiously on both sides of the issue, and it seems to me that this "therapy" is in fact torture that produces nothing but self-loathing and, in too many cases, suicide. And they're doing it to children. With their parents' permission. Legal torture of children.
    Twelve, thirteen, fourteen years old. Children.
    What in the name of anything holy is WRONG with people that this goes on????

Well at least it seems in Oregon they may ban that type of "therapy" let's see if it goes through!
    Foxes are cute and furry and are mischievous, fox spirits can invade the souls of humans, and are equally mischievous.

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you are moving forward! =P

It passed the ban on aversion therapy in Oregon!
    Foxes are cute and furry and are mischievous, fox spirits can invade the souls of humans, and are equally mischievous.

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you are moving forward! =P

I decided to post this here because it offers so much hope to LGBT kids--there's a news report that after marriage equality was confirmed in all 50 states, the suicide rate among these kids went down. Leaving aside anything else--morality, justice, the happiness of couples who are now legally married (and I know a few)--this result alone is justification for marriage equality. Think of it: because of a law that says all marriages are equal, people are going to live. Teenagers are going to grow up and go to school and fall in love and establish careers and families and, yes, marriages.
    This is a Very Good--no, GREAT--Thing.