Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Princedom pops up in odd place

I'm sure it wasn't meant to sound as such, just based off of the spelling, but I always read it as "Meg-lynne". No rhyme or reason for it really, it's just what my brain made it when it read it. Every now and then it would be "Meg-lan", but, it was very rare. I should say it's very rare, since these are books I still re-read.

I always pronounced it "May-glynn", only because of the word neighbour with it's ei together producing that sound
    I will have you know that I engage in random acts of whimsical debauchery and gallant tomfoolery...now where is my drink?....I need to mingle.

I've been really tempted while writing to just say "Some weird guy I'll name later #1" followed by "Some weird guy I'll name later #2".

And I always pronounced it Meeg-lyn in my head.

I pronounce it "Mey-glan" (as in gland).
    "A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction."

~Virginia Woolf

It's still fun to see how so many people can all come up with a completely unique way to read the same letters on the page.