Page 251 of 300 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4486

Thread: Geezer Alinya's Kiwi Bar and Ale House.

I'm sorry to hear that, Alinya, but hopefully she will find the peace and comfort she deserves.

I too am sorry to hear it Alinya. Please, feel free to have a drink on me at the bar. IT sucks losing family members.

And i wish good luck to you Ara!

FINALLY! I get my damn avatar and signature back! I need my jeez-its. Like, the only place I can use it....

Best wishes to you and the family, Alinya. It's a tough time for everyone. HUGS and DRINKS are on me (it is cold today, so let's have some coffee laced (read: 50/50) with Baileys.

And good luck Ara! The job sounds great and although the states are all different and you're not a privileged white girl living in socially backward Missisippi in the 70s, your little update has a touch of Skeeter from "The Help" about it

x

Geez, Alinya. I'm sorry. Even when it's a blessing, it's never easy. My thoughts are with your family.

Alinya, I remember you talking about your sister's poor health for quite a while. I'm sending you and your family lots of love at this difficult time.
    I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

~Galileo Galilei

Sitting on the Balcony throwing Rotten Tomatoes
    Went to the hospice to visit here last nigth and it's lvoely and she is really enjoying it there. And my mother has taken herself off to a hotel for a few nights to really relax and everyone seems to be chillign out nciely, which is great.
    THE SENILITY PRAYER : Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Alinya View Post
    Went to the hospice to visit here last nigth and it's lvoely and she is really enjoying it there. And my mother has taken herself off to a hotel for a few nights to really relax and everyone seems to be chillign out nciely, which is great.
    That's really great! I feel like once you go to hospice, things seem to really calm down--it did for my family at least. Well, my prayers are with you! I'm thinking all my good thoughts in your direction! I lost my grandpa last year, so I really feel you! *hugs*

This is a pretty nice place in here! I've checked it out through the windows a couple of times, but never set foot inside! Hi everybody!

A good friend of mine lost her father some time ago. He spent about a month in Hospice care. She said their experience was just completely outstanding; not only in the care they provided, but also helping the family cope with the loss. She even wrote one of her college essays on them and it was used by hospice in some of their media and work.

Wow, that's incredible! Hospice is really great. They present a really relaxing atmosphere for the family, which is just great.
    "A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction."

~Virginia Woolf

It's good to hear that the day-to-day reality of a hospice is different than the mental image the word conjures up for people who haven't been to one before.

Hospice was amazing last year when my Grandmother passed. We asked that any donations of sympathy be made to them.
    I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

~Galileo Galilei

Seems to be a fascinating grammar difference with how you guys are using the word hospice, vs how I would. e.g. "Hospice was amazing" and "once you go to hospice" and "Hospice is really great". I would always say "a hospice" or "The hospice". Mind you I would have no problems using hospital like that.

English, eh.

That's an interesting comment, Taffyd, especially, the way you describe using hospice is the way we' use 'the hospital'. Gotta love grammatic shift. If that's even what they call it.

Anyway, I had a dream the other night that I was moving to Australia, and my first thought was that I'd get to go to Lucy's wedding.

We're on spring break here. My plan? Chores this morning, playdates and sleepovers for this afternoon, leave tomorrow and head off to see friends and family.

Tomorrow also happens to be Nathan Fillion's birthday... Sunday is Richard Castle's, so while I'm visiting my BFF's house, we're gonna have a little Castle party! She was discussing downloading a photo of Richard Castle off the internet and getting it put on a cake! I'll be sure and post a pic on fb!

Well, if you do move to Australia then you'll be happy to know that Castle is currently airing 3 hours a week on free-to-air TV here;p (1 "new" and 2 repeats )