Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 123
Geezer Alinya's Kiwi Bar and Ale House. - Page 300
Page 300 of 300 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300
Results 4,486 to 4,497 of 4497

Thread: Geezer Alinya's Kiwi Bar and Ale House.

*waves hat* hello, friends. Glad to see you left me some whiskey. Cailet, congrats on being a stay at home mom! Davvi, love your vision of Geezers. I always pictured something like the Hufflepuff common room: near a kitchen, comfortable, and underground. However, yours looks like it could easily have a room that fits that criteria.

But then, maybe that's just me down in the wine cellar?
    self respect: the secure feeling that no one, as yet, is suspicious.
    --H.L. Mencken

Holy crap it has been a while. Time for a drink off the top shelf. Where are all the Geezers, and where is that Alinya guy. Name a fine establishment after him and pfttt, he vanishes.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but they may be more fun.

God don't let you hang from his steel, why should I let you hang on mine (riggers quote - P Garland)

D'oh! I'm the monkey-wrench! *Lady M*

*raises a drink to Davvi* Happy bday, old man!
    Grand Master Cai
    "He wanted everyone to get along and all be happy happy, so he could go goof off. Pol was not grown up enough to understand that much. I really think he just didn't get it. I think his advisaries ticked him off more because they ruined his happy bubble world."
    Davvi-Humble Prince of Fate

And it has been 14 years. Since I started here, actually a bit longer before the crash. Wow. What was happening 14 years ago.

God don't let you hang from his steel, why should I let you hang on mine (riggers quote - P Garland)

Holy cow I had forgotten about Geezer Alinya's!

Grats on the status change to stay at home parent, it's something I respect and more should.

Hmm...I've always pictured Geezers to be located someplace cold, kind of dark. The Alehouse itself bright, warm, an embodiment of Hygge. Big glass windows to look out on the chill landscape while good drinks and bright fires warm those inside!
    ----------
    “You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.”~ Jack London

I picture it a lot like the set of Cheers in look and feel.

Drinks on the house. That is if anyone knows how to find it. Think I will take mine down to a place to relax.

Can I get a root beer?!
    Foxes are cute and furry and are mischievous, fox spirits can invade the souls of humans, and are equally mischievous.

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you are moving forward! =P

I think we're all in different age-groups than when we started. This is definitely odd. And certainly different places in life. Sorry I've been gone for so long - I got out of the military and then promptly got very ill with a chronic illness. It's been up and down, but I'm making do. Back on the East Coast and taking medical leave from my PhD program. Very strange to think of from where I last was when I was posting. Not sure how much I'll be back around, but I do think of you all and miss you. The type of people who are fans of Melanie's work are the best people on Earth, hands down - I've met some of my best friends for life from this board.

I hope the rest of you are well and have had a happy and healthy time of it!

Since it's online, I'll have a whiskey... what else could I possibly ask for?
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Warden of the Loom

Glenin

It is so good to see you. I am sorry you were not well, but happy to see you are on the mend and hopefully getting back to the joy of life. I will give you a double on the house of course. What area of the East Coast are you in. Being a New Englander We of course say there is the West and then there is the Best (that's us)

I need a drink or 6. Bartender pour me a super. Ahhhh the good old ale house.

I'm thirsty. Is it 5:00 somewhere. Ahhh feet up