Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 123
Geezer Alinya's Kiwi Bar and Ale House.
Page 1 of 300 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Geezer Alinya's Kiwi Bar and Ale House.

Geezer Alinya's Kiwi Bar and Ale House.

Welcome one and all.

The bar has been polished. And glasses line the entire run. Multiple tenders await your request. All of the old charm remains, but not the cobwebs.

Around the room the fireplace glows. Everyones favorite comfy chairs are cleaned and tagged as to their origin.

A Massive Muppet portrait hangs on the wall. The Wifi has been zipped up for faster connection. One entire wall is lined with books (Rawn books of course are center and ready)

There is another wall with the names of all the visitors over the years (with little descriptions of course), and there is plenty of space to add more. The hot tubs are bubbling, and fine sparkling wine, from that fancy French valley, has been poured and is set out at all the tables just waiting for someone to come and drink them. An addition has been added. It is 40 small apartments all with comfy beds, but void of decor, for these rooms shall need to reflect the ones who stay here when they can't be driving home after much merryment.

SO COME IN. Let us remember the past and enjoy the present, and while you are here plan the future. Lift a glass and a toast to you all - And WELCOME

Oh and we bought the building next door so we can add some of your ideas for even more enjoyment
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but they may be more fun.

God don't let you hang from his steel, why should I let you hang on mine (riggers quote - P Garland)

D'oh! I'm the monkey-wrench! *Lady M*

Nice place! Looks spiffy.
    Foxes are cute and furry and are mischievous, fox spirits can invade the souls of humans, and are equally mischievous.

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you are moving forward! =P

Oh Davvi!!! Thank you so much! You remembered my favorite comfy chair, and my favorite masseuse You thought of everything

First round is my treat. My step-dad is coming to town this weekend to visit the kids, and my niece is about to become a second cousin, meaning her cousin is havin' a baby today So, be merry, and drink up!

I had another jewelry sale last night, so I couldn't indulge by posting. I think the jewelry is about half gone now.

Hmmm.

[Lays the jewelry out on a cozy table by the fireplace.] Come on over and pick out some bling, ladies. Just be sure you think of me when you virtually wear it. It's great stuff. Even Hillary Clinton has been spotted in it.

[Drops into a squashy armchair.] I'll take something warm and chocolatey, and some of those French truffles....

[Briefly ponders the building next door.] I'd love a scrap booking room, where we can all crop and talk together. Or a spa where I can get a petticure while I read some of those rare Rawn books. [Kicks off shoes.] I've been on my feet all day.
    Last edited by Lady B; 05-28-2008 at 10:49 AM.

Caffiene!!! (that is probably spelled wrong) :P Have you ever had one of those days where you laid down to take a short name and the next thing you know you wake up and it is dark outside? Now I am more tired then when I needed the nap.

Everyone having a good memorial day weekend? Well everyone in the US since I would assume it is only a US holiday correct me if I am wrong
    "Red-heads are a fire inside and out."

My Own Personal Rants

"You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you. It is easy to say you believe a rope to be strong and sound as long as you are merely using it to cord a box. But suppose you had to hang by that rope over a precipice. Wouldn't you then first discover how much you really trusted it?...Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief." -C.S. Lewis

Nice digs, Davvi! I'd like to think of the empty boarding rooms as like the little cottage that Sarra and Collan stayed in that knew someone's true nature/identity, and would decorate itself according to the person staying there. Friday was the last day of school for the kids, and I just have to go in on Tuesday, then I'm free for the next couple of months! Whoohoo!!
    I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

~Galileo Galilei

*Grabs a glass of white tea; iced, then pulls up a comfy chair and sits in it....only to be swallowed up whole by the fabric while still trying to look cool. The drink sits untouched atop the cushion.*

O_o

*Muffled cries from within*
    "Love as thou wilt."
    “Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.”

This is a pretty posh place. I'll join you in the scrapbooking room, Lady B, as I have just now started my graduation scrapbook, and I graduated from undergrad 3 years ago! Ok, so I'm a little behind.

It's beautiful outside today! 83 degrees and sunny. I took my dog for a walk, and the new orthodontist's place had the sprinklers on to water the newly-laid sod. Said sprinklers suddenly drenched me and my dog. Phoebe was a bit freaked out, but I loved it! Oh, to be 5 years old again and run through the sprinklers without a care in the world.

Hello everyone. Work has been so busy it's ridiculous! Between work and the Austin beast, I have very little time for anything else. In good news, I've settled on his showname. He's going to High Voltage. He's just got too much spunk for anything else! In bad news - my oldest kitty has an umbilical hernia that just got much worse and now has to be surgically repaired. Hello, $500. My poor chequebook is already weeping. Hope everyone else is good!
    I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. - Jorge Luis Borges

High Voltage, I like it. *hands kleenex to Navigator's poor weeping chequebook*. Well my flat tire is going to cost me a brand new one because I don't have the old one to exchange under full lifetime warranty, it got tossed out! My checkbook is weeping as well, especially since I have been refusing to work extra shifts (to spend more time at home) and my pay check was very much smaller than I had been seeing lately. Not to mention that my hubby has been quite a bit underfoot, no pun intended, due to a bad gout flare. This was just the wrong week for me to have to do everything all by myself. But things are improving.

The Dance Club upstairs is now OPEN.

More free drinks of course
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but they may be more fun.

God don't let you hang from his steel, why should I let you hang on mine (riggers quote - P Garland)

D'oh! I'm the monkey-wrench! *Lady M*

My 9 and 10 year old have been delighting me with their questions about the Beatles. From "Were you really alive when the Beatles were?" to "Were the Beatles really human, I mean, alive?" So I explained about them and what happened to them after they broke up and they were both really impressed that I could tell them about a group that they liked. They were so disappointed to hear about John Lennon being killed. When I said that he was the one with the little glasses, they both gasped like, "No, I like that one". I used the comparison to Music and Lyrics and when the band "Pop" broke up and Colin went out on his own as an example that they totally got it. Kids are funny.

*slides in, and steals an unoccupied chair. Then places a dragon beside it, to acknowledge the claim.

This one is mine!

My nightmarish 3 hours total a day commute is now finally over. Those people wore me out. Good thing I'm getting reimbursed for all this crap. the gas was killing me! I really need a cheaper vehicle....dammit I love me truck though, and it's staying!

I'm back in my old center now, or will be. Won't be going back until june 2nd. Been some major layoffs while i've been gone. But that's all me, and enough of that.

Nice place, feels kinda comfy and just like the old. I want Jagerbombs lined up on me, folks!
    STOP CHANGING MY SIGNATURE BREN!

Glad to hear they're reimbursing you for gas. It's too quiet around here without you.

Here, Dragon Lady. This is for you. [Hands DL a beautiful sterling silver dragon ring.] Think of me when you virtually wear it!

Rings are the hardest thing to sell out of my samples. Not only do I have to find someone that likes it, but they have to fit it.

Yay! Thank you..I shall always wear it while roaming around the board.

Hmmmmmm...I'm a silver ring lover there bren.....

got anything cool looking in a size 10 or 11? I don't like anything gaudy looking......And I like things that you can't find in just walmart. Maybe we can talk some trading.
    STOP CHANGING MY SIGNATURE BREN!