Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exiles: the Movie - Open casting for fun

ok so im taking up alot of space BUT...

Lilen Ostin: Julie Walters

oh and Jonathan Rhys Meyers should be Taig rather than Val.

Val should be Dominic Cooper from Starter for Ten, History Boys and the upcoming Mamma Mia

Behind Every Great Love Is A Great Story

I love the idea of putting up pictures with the ideas...it helps sooo much!
    “I always knew I’d look back at the tears and laugh, but I never knew I’d look back at the laughter and cry.”

"I have come to the conclusion that the dashing young knight, who was supposed to ride in on his snow white horse and sweep me off my feet, has apparently become lost in the forest and is too stubborn to ask for directions."

I think most of these suggestions are very good, at least as far as I can tell from the photos. I don't know anything about most of these guys.

Victor Webster might be okay, but from the picture, I did not get a Josselin vibe. But Josselin & Lusira will both be extremely difficult to cast due to the matchless beauty.

Rachel McAdams, again I know nothing about her, but the picture didn't say Sarra to me at all. Perhaps I'd get the Sarra vibe if I saw her in a movie. I'll keep Reese Witherspoon in my personal cast until then.

Is Johnathon Rhys Meyer related Jonathon Rhys-Davies perchance? Just curious.

The only problem I have with Reese Witherspoon is that she whenever I think of her playing a younger Sarra, like around the time of the Rising, Elle Woods, her character for Legally Blonde pops into my head. I think a few years ago she would have been perfect, like a few years after Election but now I think she's a little to old for the character so if she did play Sarra she would look like an older woman trying to play a 20 year old thats why I'd prefer younger fresher actors for most of the roles. Don't get me wrong Reese is amazing but because she's so much older than the character in RoA I just couldnt see her doing it.
    Behind Every Great Love Is A Great Story

I see your point. It's a good one. The lovely thing about this topic is I (we) can modify the age or hair color of any actor and turn the years back or forwards as needed, in order to play them in the movie behind my eyes.

But as I said, that's an excellent point. Remember Braveheart? Mel Gibson was great in the role, over all, but his period of young love was completely unbelievable in terms of age.

Hee! Remember the Metrix, and Hugo Weaving always saying "...Mr. Anderson..."

I can totally see him as Auvrey doing the same thing to Collan. "...Mr. Rosvenvir..."

Emma Watson is the perfect Cailet, i think.

And Izzie on Greys is a great Glenin Feiran. So is the blond chick from an old Law and Order.

Talking Jumpstart the Movie cast!

Ok...I know this hasn't been active in awhile, but I wanted to put in my two cents.

Glenin: Charlize Theron
    http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...n1_300_400.jpg

Sarra: Tabrett Bethell
    http://tabrettbethell.com/wp-content...tt_bethell.jpg

Cailet: Reese Witherspoon (She has a more angular face, like Cailet)
    http://images1.fanpop.com/images/pol...537873_160.jpg
    OR
    Anne Heche
    http://actresses.pick2web.com/pics/307003/anneheche.jpg

Collan: Call me crazy, but give Jude Law coppery curls...
    http://www.topnews.in/files/Jude-Law0121.jpg

Josselin or Jored: Kellan Lutz/ Liam Hemsworth
    http://static.reelmovienews.com/imag...lutz-photo.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gZxvCHbYjP...mHemsworth.jpg
    (I know these guys aren't quite what the book describes, but they are both very attractive and look similar.)

I agree with Phedre on Val being Dominic Cooper (Perfect!), and Jonathan Rhys Meyers as being Taig. Julie Walters would make a lovely Lilen, and Blake Lively and Chace Crawford would be great for Taigan and Mikel.

Well, that's my midday work entertainment. I'm curious to see if anyone else would agree with my choices...I think Tabrett Bethell is lovely, and she can kick some butt too; and Jude Law was a curling smile....

I always love when someone revives these threads, because I love doing casting..

Here's mine.. some are similar to before, others have been updated

Anniyas – Kathy Bates.. Nobody will ever beat Kathy Bates for this part for me. Short and dumpy, and REALLY good at playing one mean, evil bitch.

Cailet – Kiera Knightly OR a blonde Caterina Scorsone OR a blonde Lena Headey OR Dina Meyer (I have thoustands of great castings in my head for Cailet.. pretty much any kick ass female with a somewhat angular or more off-kilter sort of beauty.. I automatically cast her as Cailet)

Taig – Jonathan Rhys Meyers
    Collan – Ewan McGregor/Sam Worthington (P.S. Sam Worthington is so my new hardcore celebrity crush. I could just eat him up. )

Lusira – Angelina Jolie/Morena Baccarin

Sarra – Dina Meyer, Nicole Kidman (though she’s WAY too tall for the 5 ft Sarra), blonde Lena Headey

Glenin – Nicole Kidman

Garon – Keanu Reeves

Gorsha – Denzel Washington (he's getting up there in age.. and he plays an elderly man in 'Book of Eli'.. and did an amazing job. And he was in fact a good looking man in his day.. still is actually.. and he still kicks a lot of ass.. so basically, he's perfect for the part).

Taigan – Blake Lively (stole this from a previous suggestion)

Joss – Nobody will ever match the beautiful man in my head. Though, if Jonathan Rhys Meyers was a bit more.. butch? I could see him doing justice to the part

Jored – Uhh.. I guess a slightly less butch, less beautiful version of whoever plays Josselin.

Agatine – Kate Beckinsale or Lena Headey

Lilen – Dianne Wiest (stole this from a previous suggestion)

Tarise – Amy Adams

Auvry – Liam Neeson or Gary Oldman... both men are amazing actors, who are often made to look very different in many movies.. I think they could both easily do a wide range of Auvry's ages. PLUS, both men are great at playing likeable anti-heroes (and plain ol' bad guys, as well).
    “One does not, I suppose, reign over hell without a well-developed sense of irony.” – Phedre, “Kushiel’s Chosen” by Jacqueline Carey

“Eye for an eye makes parallel parking difficult.” – Jack Leo

You're all forgetting about "movie magic" as well, if they shoot the film with the right angles, they can make anyone seem a certain size.

I would love to see Rupert Penry-Jones as Elo. Although I've forgotten what color hair he's supposed to have.
    self respect: the secure feeling that no one, as yet, is suspicious.
    --H.L. Mencken

in my opinion Jonny Depp would be great as collan because he could give both the humor and seriousness that collan gives

Lightbulb

Nathan Filion (Firefly, ABC's Castle) would make a GREAT Collan, IMO...

Yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!

I'd been ignoring this thread, but this one time, I glanced at the email notice and... Nathan Fillion as Collan? Heck yeah!

You really know how to jump start my Exiles obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Brenlis View Post
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!

I'd been ignoring this thread, but this one time, I glanced at the email notice and... Nathan Fillion as Collan? Heck yeah!

You really know how to jump start my Exiles obsession.
    Mine too. GOOD IDEA!
    self respect: the secure feeling that no one, as yet, is suspicious.
    --H.L. Mencken

I got bored so I started compiling a list from these opinions and suggestions...and realized someone could be perfect for Lusira! I always thought her as being black or a mix....what about Tamara Taylor (Dr. Saroyan from Bones)?

So here's my list....there's some spoilers since I decided to put both false and "legal" names...

AMBRAI CAST
    Glenin Feiran/Ambrai - Nicole Kidman
    Sarra Liwellan/Ambrai - Tabrett Bethell
    Cailet Rille/Ambrai - Charlize Theron
    Collan Rosvenir - Damian Lewis
    Allynis Ambrai - Judi Dench
    Maichen Ambrai - Reese Witherspoon (she has the hair...I originally put this for Sarra until I saw Tabrett Bethell and had to switch!)

MAGE GUARDIANS
    Gorynel Desse - Denzel Washington
    Elomar Addenos - Kristen Holden-Ried
    Lusira Garvedian - Tamara Taylor (Halle Berry might be a little old for this)
    Imilial Gorrst -
    Jeymian Renne - (I get the feeling she plays a role in The Captal's Tower)
    Elin Alvassy -
    Pier Alvassy -

RYKA COURT/MALERRISI (smushed these two groups together since some are interchangable)
    Avira Anniyas - Kathy Bates
    Auvry Feiran - Hugo Weaving or Liam Neeson
    Garon Anniyas - Ryan Phillipe
    Golonet Doriaz - Ralph Fiennes
    Elseveth Doyannis - Posey Parker
    Flera Firennos - Betty White
    Saris Allard - (I suspect she's black or some other ethnicity because of the multiple black braids)
    Vassa Doriaz -
    Vasha Maklyn -

THE RISING
    Valirion Maurgen - Dominic Cooper
    Alin Ostin - Johnny Lewis
    Lilen Ostin - Dianne Wiest
    Taig Ostin - Jonathan Rhys-Meyers
    Agatine Slegin - Lena Headey
    Orlin Renne -
    Tarise Nalle - Amy Adams
    Rillian Veliaz -
    Verald Jescarin -
    Sela Trayos -
    Tamsa Trayos -
    Falundir -
    Agata Nalle -
    Mai Alvassy -

ANNOYING PEOPLE
    Mirya Witte -
    Dalion Witte -
    Vellerin Dombur -
    Stene Dombur -

THE NEXT GENERATION
    Taigan Liwellan/Ambrai - Blake Lively
    Mikel Liwellan/Ambrai - Chace Crawford
    Josselin Mikeliene/Trayos - Kellen Lutz
    Jored Karellos/Ambrai - Liam Hemsworth
    Last edited by archswain; 11-05-2010 at 08:29 PM.