PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to....?

gyrehead
03-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Here is a thread to try and keep track of those Fantasy authors that seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. It is not the place to ask what, say, is the next work of such-and-such author who just released a book.

My list?

Joane Bertin

I have heard rumors that she is not writing at all. Her website has not been updated at all. Her name is not included in Tor's Women of Fantasy (but Tor is one of the worst when it comes to having revelant online data).

Paula Volsky

In the August 2000 issue of Locus it was reported that she had sold the rights to a fantasy trilogy to Bantam. Going on five years later and...?

Deborah Christian

I loved her Kar Kalim and the first (and last?) Loregiver book, The Truthsayer's Apprentice. Years later and still no sign of the second book which was tentatively entitled The Warlord's Adjutant. In an email a year or more ago, Christian stated that she was first working on a sci fi book, entitled Splintegrate, which had been set for release over a year ago by Tor. Still no sign of that let alone the next Loregiver book.

Deniasha
03-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Sharon Green...she left her Blending Enthroned series hanging by a thread. Her website has not been updated since April 2002 and not word on anything new from her.

Eva reia
03-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Is Joane Bertin the one who did the first two books of a trilogy about a dragon who was stuck in human form and looking for his true love or something? I bought the first book of that series, and was really excited about it, then I found out it had been 5 years since book 2 was published. I read on a message board somewhere that she was, supposedly, working on the third book of her series, but that was over a year ago.

I'd be surprised if Sharon Green wrote anything more with the Blending series. I agree, there were plenty of loose ends, but with that happy-fairy-tale ending where you-know-who finds his/her parent, I can't imagine her going any further with it. It is odd, though, that she hasn't written anything else in so long. She was such a prolific (quantity, not quality) writer with the Blending series that this is a little strange. Not that I'm exactly craving a new half-assed book from her.

Deniasha
03-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Joane Bertin would be the one. Her first two books were great and I was greatly looking forward to the third one but I hadn't even heard those particular set of rumors.

Wish Locus or some other fantasy magazine would do a where are they now article to find out what happened to these authors that just disappeared from the book publishing radar.

gyrehead
03-08-2005, 01:33 PM
I just wish publishers would respond to emails inquiring about such authors on occasion.

Deniasha
03-09-2005, 04:21 PM
A publisher actually answering an e-mail asking a question? I have had it happened to me once and once only. DAW actually responded to me asking them to reprint the DS in hardback. But since then, all of my luck has run out with several publishers.

Deniasha
03-21-2005, 04:33 PM
One author I realized that disappeared but came back again was C.S. Friedman. She wrote the Coldfire Trilogy in the early 90's. Then no one heard from her again until mid-2004. Any info on why the disappearance for 10 years?

Lessa
03-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Does anyone have any idea why Patricia Kenneally stopped writing?

Deniasha
03-21-2005, 05:36 PM
No confirmed answer but I've heard it was due to her not being able to get a publisher after The Deer's Cry. At least that is one thing standing in her way. When she closed the Keltiad list in 2000-2001, she said for right now she that "the door is closed to Keltia, perhaps one day it will open again."

Lessa
03-21-2005, 06:29 PM
I really don't understand that industry. She has a loyal following, how could she not get a publisher? Does that mean MR might finish CT, then not be able to get a publisher?! Wouldn't that suck!

gyrehead
03-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Doesn't she already have the rights sold to DAW? I thought she had a contract but that might have been waived or lapsed. i don't usually look in the Exiles section as it is too despressing waiting in vain!

Deniasha
03-21-2005, 07:45 PM
The Deer's Cry was contracted but PKM was quite upset because it was supposed to be a trilogy, not a single book so she never contracted with them afterwards. Not sure if she didn't want to try to find another publisher or if no one would have her. Supposedly at one time, Mercedes Lackey was trying to bring her over to DAW but I have never heard what happened with that thought or if it ever bore fruit or not. Another rumor I heard was that the Lizard Queen website was suppose to come back up (it's been down since 2002) but I haven't checked on it lately. If it were to come back up, my hopes would be back up that she might return to writing.

gyrehead
03-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Oops. The she i was refering to was Melanie.

As for Keneally? I heard she pulled some serious crap with her publishers over the whole trilogy versus single book bit. She was the talk at a fantasy convention a few years back and several people who went to bat for her ended up walking away shaking their heads. Never heard the full details but the one word that floated around was "nutters". And those from people that liked her. All rumor of course but she had been scheduled to show up at the convention and the only time she was seen was in one of the hotels reportedly raving at her agent and people at her publishers (I believe it was Harper or Penguin -- can't recall).

My personal theory is an acid flashback induced a mild stroke. And she now is yelling at kids in her neighborhood to get out of her yard.

Alinya
03-21-2005, 11:53 PM
Actually I read some scurrilous stories about her on the net. It sounds like her Morrison obsession has robbed her of reason.

Most of the stories refer to her raving like a lunatic yelling at people and talking obsessively about her "husband" Jim (my quote marks). She seems to want to only write about him and shes VERY bitter about the Morrison families refusal to allow her to publish some of his private letters etc.

Deniasha
03-22-2005, 11:35 AM
I hadn't heard those rumors but they really don't surprise me. Her obsession with Jim and protecting his legacy is going to destroy her. It appears it has ruined her chance to continue her Keltiad series. She, at one time, had plans for another 9 books in the series. Now, I have little hopes of every seeing them published.

Deniasha
04-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Dennis Jones who wrote the House of Pandragore Books: The Stone and the Maiden, and The Mask and the Sorceress. The last book came out in 2001/2 and he was supposed to write Book 3 a few years ago.

gyrehead
04-08-2005, 02:22 PM
I have the second book in ppbk sitting in one of my precarious "to read" piles. Wasn't overly impressed with the first one but I think I go the second one for less than a dollar at a used bookstore. For some reason I was always under the impression it was supposed to be just two books. Even so, by now you would think he would have written something else.

Then again with all the pseudonyms being used, maybe he has.

pamurphy
04-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Deniasha
One author I realized that disappeared but came back again was C.S. Friedman. She wrote the Coldfire Trilogy in the early 90's. Then no one heard from her again until mid-2004. Any info on why the disappearance for 10 years?

Not quite 10 years. In 1998, DAW published her book This Alien Shore. I really enjoyed it, but it was science fiction rather than fantasy. The cover was Michael Whelan.

Deniasha
04-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Ah...see, I don't keep up with science fiction as much as I do fantasy. There are a few science fiction writers I read but they tend to be crossover author that have written fantasy also.

Deniasha
04-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Forgive the double post, but I finally found out what happened to JoAnne Bertin. One, her mother died of cancer in 2002/2003, then at the age of 50, she had a baby at the end of March this year. Needless to say, it was a tough pregnancy. However, on her website, she said she has been working on the third book of her series but please forgive her while she recovers from the baby. I think I can forgive her and be a bit understanding to boot.

gyrehead
09-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Was shifting piles of to read books yesterday and came across the Dennis Jones book. It does say in the back author blurb that he is working on a new epic fantasy. I tend to think that means he was working on a new book/series entirely. Just my way of thinking; hardly means I am right.

Thing is that was three, four years ago, now? Have to wonder if he is still alive even or if he is writing under a different name.

It seems odd that a book that was decently received and was printed in hardcover ends up with the author falling off the map just as fantasy keeps burgeoning almost out of control.

Deniasha
09-02-2005, 03:13 PM
You do have to wonder but it happens more than I really wish it did. Seems like the good ones fall off the face of the earth sooner or later.

Deniasha
01-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Whatever happened to Gayle Greeno? I don't think she has published a book since 1997.

ravenchild
01-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Deniasha
Joane Bertin would be the one. Her first two books were great and I was greatly looking forward to the third one but I hadn't even heard those particular set of rumors.

Wish Locus or some other fantasy magazine would do a where are they now article to find out what happened to these authors that just disappeared from the book publishing radar.

joanne has a website weredragon.com (http://www.weredragon.com) she pretty much just had life to deal with ie mother dying, getting married, having a baby - after 50!!!- and other various things. but i am definately looking forward to Bard's Oath

Deniasha
01-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I found her website a while back. It doesn't look like she has updated it in quite a while as I try to check on it once a month.

Lady Ara
01-17-2006, 08:55 AM
Does anyone know what happened to Donna Gillespie? She came out with The Light Bearer in 1996, it apparently got a bunch of acclaim, and then just... poof. It's out of print now; I was lucky enough to stumble across a copy at a used bookstore... fantastic book, I highly recommend it. Any way, I was looking around online a couple weeks ago and noticed that there's a decent amount of talk about a sequel -- there are blurbs about it and everything. Only I can't find any info as to whether there actually is a sequel or not; can't tell when the pages have last been updated, either.

So: Donna Gillespie. What happened to her?

PrincessTobin
01-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Elyse Guttenberg, who wrote Sunder, Eclipse, and Seed. Where are you?

MotherBear1975
11-19-2006, 04:22 AM
I'm a bit fanatical, I flip by her site everyday www.weredragon.com, but for the first time, it is "not available"... Can we dare hope it is being updated? Dunno, its evening for me, but still awfully early in Connecticut...

Deniasha
12-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Donna Gilispe is finally back with a new book: Lady of the Light, and is supposely working on the third in the series. I never realized The Light Bearer was supposed to be a series. I haven't picked up Lady of the Light yet, but I am seriously considering it.

azrel
04-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Well, it's several months later and Joanne Bertin's site still seems to be down. I understand that she had a tough time there, perhaps she doesn't want to work on Bard's Oath anymore because of those experiences.

gyrehead
04-03-2007, 02:44 PM
I heard a rumor that Tor was taking a pretty tough line with several of its delinquent authors, oddly all the ones I can think of are female. J.V. Jones seems to have gotten back on track, but Joane Bertin and Laura Resnick both seem to have let their series started with Tor go. Laurie Marks ended up going with Small Beer Press to finish out her Elemental series (a really top notch set of work so far so I was glad to see her be able to continue with it).

Resnick has found success with writing Luna books (and again, rather diluted and weaker efforts than her Sirkara books). She and Sarah Zettel both have aludded basically that writing such books for Luna as they have are easier, quicker and more cost effective for them. Sadly I think both are great authors but not when they write for Luna. Whether it is the editorial direction given before they write or the process after they submit that first draft, I find their Luna books too simplistic and rendered in a shallow and almost insulting to my intelligence way, Sucks for me, but sales and paychecks prove that apparently, as baffling as it may be, it's not all about me this round.

If Tor has cut Bertin free, I wonder if she might have just thrown in the towel. In many ways the "series: wasn't left dangling as much as it could have and the two published works can stand on their own despite the fact that there were obvious threads that could have been wrapped up or expanded. Jones has considerable success so I can see why Tor went back and re-affirmed their relationship once she had A Sword from Red Ice finished. I assume that Marks' sales were such that Tor decided to cu her free when she fell ill, resulting in a huge gap between volumes. I'm not sure if Resnick has completely dropped the Sirkara continuation or not (a crime and tragedy if she did in my opinion), but Tor might have let the option for the last two books which were planned as standalones be dropped.

But Jones surprised me by finally pulling it out. Maybe Bertin (and Resnick) can as well. Paula Volsky and Ricardo Pinto both seem to be writing but they too seem to stay fallen between the cracks of actually being published.

Arcy
04-05-2007, 05:25 AM

I don't even have any idea what you're talking about - she has been writing for a while. This Alien Shore is my favorite of Celia's books, far better than Coldfire, pick it up. She released a sequel to In Conquest Born very recently called The Wilding. Also, her book, Feast of Souls is out now, and it is the first book of an upcoming trilogy. Both of her parents did pass away, her father just after Black Sun Rising was published, and her mother passed away during the writing process for This Alien Shore. I believe her longest period of time between having books published was a mere 3-4 years - between Crown of Shadows (1995) and This Alien Shore (1999).

gyrehead
04-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Well to be fair the post you are quoting is more than two years old. The Wilding apparently didn't make Deniasha's radar. Not exactly something I would be shocked over or find as incredulous as you seem to. One book. And not fantasy which makes a big difference for some readers as to what they notice in terms of releases. I still laugh at readers who are stunned, stunned I tell you, that C.J. Cherryh has a considerable body of Science Fiction out there.

This Alien Shore came out in 1998 according to my hardcover copy. The next book out by Friedman was The Wilding in July of 2004. I think almost six years can be a big gap. Especially if in March of 2005, long before Feast of Souls was completed, let alone scheduled for publication, the person did not realize that Friedman had published a book in the summer of 2004. Maybe she missed all the billboards and primetime television ads ;)

As Friedman's wonderful recent Feast of Souls has been mentioned in a couple of other threads since 2005, it might be possible that Denaisha's understanding of what Friedman has to offer is a bit different than it was two years ago.

Deniasha
04-05-2007, 04:13 PM
I have noticed both of her new books, and read both of them. At the time I wrote the post, I did not see that The Wilding had been released. Someone had told me Friedman had suffered from a bout of cancer.

pamurphy
04-05-2007, 05:31 PM
I have noticed both of her new books, and read both of them. At the time I wrote the post, I did not see that The Wilding had been released. Someone had told me Friedman had suffered from a bout of cancer.

The latest book, The Feast of Souls, is one of her best. It's book one in a trilogy.

steph
04-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Resnick has found success with writing Luna books

... well, Luna imploded a few months ago. It's still around, but they cut a lot of authors from their lineup, including Resnick. Looks like DAW is picking up her series, though.

Deniasha
04-07-2007, 09:32 AM
So why did Luna implode? Not selling well?

steph
04-07-2007, 12:05 PM
My understanding is that despite the editor's sensible attitude, the corporate overlords' expectations were unrealistic. Romance accounts for roughly half the fiction market; SF maybe 10% on a good day. They seem to have expected the Luna books to do romance numbers while shelved in SF, and that just wasn't going to happen. Putting things in trade paperback didn't help. In SF, new books going straight to paperback has a stigma -- you weren't good enough for hardcover! -- but romance readers are accustomed to new authors being launched in mass market until they do something extraordinary.

Luna did keep a few authors around -- Laura Anne Gilman and Michelle Sagara are still there, and I'm not sure who else. Maria Snyder's Poison series got moved to Harlequin's straight-up romance area, so they'll be shelved that way from now on. (I think.)

khiamal
04-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Anyone heard from Daniel Keyes Moran lately?

pamurphy
04-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Anyone heard from Daniel Keyes Moran lately?

I think he's given up writing completely. He never did finish his Trent the Uncatchable series.

pamurphy
04-07-2007, 01:10 PM
My understanding is that despite the editor's sensible attitude, the corporate overlords' expectations were unrealistic. Romance accounts for roughly half the fiction market; SF maybe 10% on a good day. They seem to have expected the Luna books to do romance numbers while shelved in SF, and that just wasn't going to happen. Putting things in trade paperback didn't help. In SF, new books going straight to paperback has a stigma -- you weren't good enough for hardcover! -- but romance readers are accustomed to new authors being launched in mass market until they do something extraordinary.

Luna did keep a few authors around -- Laura Anne Gilman and Michelle Sagara are still there, and I'm not sure who else. Maria Snyder's Poison series got moved to Harlequin's straight-up romance area, so they'll be shelved that way from now on. (I think.)

I usually avoid the Harlequin imprint, but I did like some of the Luna books. Laura Anne Gilman, Michelle Sagara West to name a couple. Also like C. E. Murphy's shaman series.

I read the Sagara book, Cast in Courtlight, while I was in the hospital hallucinating. Bad choice of reading material for the circumstances.

gyrehead
04-07-2007, 05:13 PM

Which means they will likely crash and burn there as well, unless Snyder downplays the speculative fiction aspects as they don't read as plain romance and some of the diehards in that genre will not be pleased. Nor do I see too many spec fiction readers searching through romance shelves much. Certainly there is a crossover market. but going by their mission statement and their subsequent actions, I don't think they truly thought out what exactly their goal was and what they were realistically trying to acheive. It seemed very much "hey! fantasy is hot! Let's get some of that revenue". And all they did was go after the very people that overall, were already buying their books. Most of their books, even by authors such as Asaro, Zettel and, yes, Lackey, seemed dumbed down remarkably. I don't mean that they were stupid per se, but that they seemed overly simplistic. Deliberate. And in some cases forced. I think in terms of light reading, Snyder and Sagara (West) do really well in this type of setting. And I am surprised and yet considering the editorial approach, hardly shocked, that they seem to be blundering again by letting Resnick go (who stands still as Luna's best reviewed author and had decent sales but was stupidly put in the December release set) and putting Snyder in the strict romance category. Deliberate sparcity in world building aside, Snyder was one of the few to deliver true formula spec fiction that appealed to the very demographic that Luna seemed created to go after. Namely me. Snyder and Sagara are their two authors that I buy. The only two. I have read many others and just don't find them all that compelling to read. Most if subjectively. But also there are only so many slight works of fluff I want to read in a month.

I hate to say this, but I am almost glad the venture seems to have not worked. Without mentioning names, I know of two authors who submitted to Luna. Both got rejected. Both then got recently published with major fantasy-scfi imprints. Both incorporate strong romance elements. Both were told their works were basically too complex (one I believe said she was told she was way too clever). Luna deserves what it gets. Sadly, their readership does not.

I think using Lackey was also a misstep. Yes she has a big readership. She is well-known and recognized in the genre already. But she also has five books out a year as it is and having her dilute her own market seemed foolish. Having her, already known for slight and rather fluffy books, didn't help the imprint's image. I think having Tarr write under a different name but do so in a way that is pretty well know might have been smart though. Having other named authors like Zettel and Resnick write, but do so in rather large departures in terms of style and setting might have also hurt them. But all in all, I think they fact they set such a strict and really rather silly criteria for their imprint was what hurt them the most. If they had pursued bringing a more romantic voice to fantasy and just stuck with that, I think it would have possibly worked. But I think in trying to pull fantasy elements and create a new line of pocketbook romances and expect to not only capture a larger segment of the strictly romance readership as well as the fantasy readership was not the way to go.

And if this means Resnick might find time to finish Arena? I will be thrilled!

Speaking of MIAs

Curt Benjamin. I was not a fan of his first three books. All three seemed to seem more interested in showing off Benjamin's years spent as a Eastern Culture, religion and mythology studies major. But the fourth book was actually quite good. And it left the door wide open to go on.

Also Sean Russell. An author I thought did quite well in terms of sales. Particularly his fantasy. I know he was doing some writing with another author but after his Swan's War series I was hoping in a year or two at least some word of what he might be working on would trickle down.

Deniasha
04-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Personally, I am glad to see Luna not doing well. I think they gave the wrong flavor of what fantasy is to casual readers (i.e. romance readers). I was ashamed to see the books in the fantasy section. Cross-genre work has to be done well to besucessful, otherwise you annoy the purists on both sides. And I think that's exactly what Luna did with their imprint. I'll admit I've never been a big fan of romance as a whole to the point I think they are a waste of perfectly good paper. I wish the best authors from Luna the best of luck and hope they didn't get burned in the process of Luna going down.

b4dave
04-09-2007, 09:38 PM
The only books that I have read from Luna are by Catherine Asaro...which I found to be really well written as well as very original. I will admit that there were elements of romance in them, but there was alot more fantasy to it as well. I think maybe she should have signed with a different publisher, which I think would have launched her into Fantasy Stardom.

pamurphy
04-09-2007, 09:49 PM
The only books that I have read from Luna are by Catherine Asaro...which I found to be really well written as well as very original. I will admit that there were elements of romance in them, but there was alot more fantasy to it as well. I think maybe she should have signed with a different publisher, which I think would have launched her into Fantasy Stardom.

While I really like her SF books, her fantasy books turned me off. Couldn't finish them.:(

Saint Kiy
04-10-2007, 09:19 AM
The Luna books I read were both Lackey. And I got exactly what I expected. Romantic fluff with fantasy overtones. I like Lackey for just that reason....it doesn't take a whole lot of energy and with two kids running around sometime I just need something like that.

I didn't realize Resnick did more books after her series with Tansin and Mirabar. I'll have to look those up.

Deniasha
04-10-2007, 03:08 PM
I guess the biggest thing that infurated me about luna was that really great authors; Asaro, Resnick, Zettel, Caitlin Brennan and others were lowering their standards. Fantasy romance can be very well done and enjoyable to read without be dumped down for the masses. Patricia McPhillip is a great example that comes to mind. To me, Luna was just jumping on the bandwagon with this paranora romance stuff. I really wish the trend would die out, I'm tired of 1/2 the new books that the SFBC being romance posing as fantasy.

gyrehead
04-11-2007, 03:24 PM
pamurphy I agree on Asaro. I found the book actually offensive from being so bad. I have never read any of her non-Luna work.

I do think that Harlequin really was trying to hop on a bandwagon of fantasy that they never understood. But what was odd for me was that they seemed to take the view of doing fantasy at the lowest common denominator and romance, their own niche, at the lowest common denominator. Which seems a silly approach. I think the crossover market widening approach would work if they actually encouraged their authors to write really good romance that just happens to also be fantasy, or really good fantasy that happens to be romance. Sagara (West) and Snyder's first book for Luna both seemed to take that approach and despite some editorial heavyhandedness, were books I think sit deservedly on the shelf in either section. I do wonder what Snyder's book would be like if she had been optioned by an imprint like DAW or Roc or Ace or even Tor? Sagara (West) on the other hand is the only author that Luan's editorial approach might have been a boon. I think she is a great writer but she also descends too deeply into her own worldbuilding and at times I think she tries to incorporate too much at one time in her books published by DAW. I do have to wonder how many editors she went through at Luna because no matter who the oversight editor was, there is no way that the editor for Asaro helmed the same duties with Sagara.

pamurphy
04-11-2007, 03:53 PM
The Asaro SF books tend to be a bit on the romance side with some S&M thrown in. She's pretty good on the science part since according to her bio she's a physicist.

Lessa
04-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Someone recommended Asaro's Misted Cliffs to me - is that one of her fantasy or sci-fi books, and is it any good?

pamurphy
04-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Someone recommended Asaro's Misted Cliffs to me - is that one of her fantasy or sci-fi books, and is it any good?

Yes, it is. Don't know. When I started her first book with the Luna publishers, I couldn't get in to it at all. Didn't finish it because it was so bad.

Deniasha
04-13-2007, 01:34 PM
I highly disrecommend it. It's not Asaro at her best. Not even close.

pamurphy
04-13-2007, 03:22 PM
And I liked her SF books quite a bit.

gyrehead
04-14-2007, 12:39 PM
The Misted Cliffs was also one of my first Luna reads. And it was one of the very rare books that after reading I wanted to hunt the author down and hurt her somehow. Give her back at least as much pain and suffering I endured. Maybe forcing ehr to listen to Milli Vanilli at top volume over and over again. Or Vanilla Ice. Or Ashley Simpson live and unable to lip synch.

pamurphy
04-14-2007, 01:08 PM
The Misted Cliffs was also one of my first Luna reads. And it was one of the very rare books that after reading I wanted to hunt the author down and hurt her somehow. Give her back at least as much pain and suffering I endured. Maybe forcing ehr to listen to Milli Vanilli at top volume over and over again. Or Vanilla Ice. Or Ashley Simpson live and unable to lip synch.

I'd already read her SF books, so I was just disappointed that she was writing so poorly in her fantasies.

steph
04-14-2007, 02:15 PM
I haven't read Asaro's Luna books, but I did read a fair amount of her SF, and I found Sunrise Alley offensively bad. YMMV.

Michelle Sagara West (lordy, I wish she'd pick a surname and stick with it) mentioned on her LJ the other day that she deliberately went for a more straightforward style with her Luna books, so any differences you're seeing between those and her DAW stuff might not have so much to do with the editing.

bill-kenobi
04-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Paula Volsky's still writing and is indeed working on a trilogy. The first book's been written but her publisher (Bantam Spetra) is publishing the entire trilogy close together so we'll have to wait until the other two books are written.

magisensei
07-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Whatever happened to Julie Dean Smith? For those of you who have not read her fantasy series - it is called "A Cathian Crusade" - 4 books in total (starting with Call of Madness). It was an incredibel 4 book series published from in the early 1990s - with book 4 coming out in 1994. It has been over a decade and I was wondering what happened to this author?

Lessa
07-24-2008, 07:04 AM
Oh, I love Julie Dean Smith. I found her books in a used bookstore one day, picked them up on a whim, and was very glad that I did. I have never seen anything new by her. I wonder how that happens, an author gets published then never writes anything again...

Lessa
08-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Does anyone have any news on the next book in Elizabeth Haydon's Symphony of Ages series? I just finished Assassin King, and while I don't absolutely love the series, I have made it through 7 books and I'd like to see how it ends. I went to her website (or at least what I thought was her website, www.elizabethhaydon.com) and it isn't there anymore.